Editors Note: Don’t get our slang? Check out our dictionary HERE.
Have you even spun a whammy in Clan Wars?
You know, where the enemy clan has like 2-3 times more clashers than you have in your top two Town Hall levels? Where you have sense you are doing a re-enactment of Custer’s Last Stand? Yeah, those wars.
Sometimes, its just over and you should go get some ice cream and wait for the nightmare to end. However, most of the time, Supercell has put you in a situation where your bases are stronger (attack power, defense power) so you have a chance. So, if you want to try and take it to the enemy, here are some things to consider.
First thing you have to do it figure out how to communicate to your clan effectively who should hit what. We use clashcaller.com.
So once you know how you are going to communicate, what you want to convey is, by TH level, what bases should be avoided (leaving them for an attacker from a different level to hit it) and which ones should be hit. In addition, by TH level, you need to communicate what bases they should attack that ARE NOT at their TH level. We do this ballet of calls via placeholders in Clashcaller.com — the placeholder being a ‘fake’ call in the first position on a give base. The placeholder looks like this.
- TH# – HOLD. This tells the everyone that the only TH level that should be attacking this base is the number in stated in the placeholder name. So if the placeholder on a base says “TH7 – HOLD” that means only TH7 would hit that base. These holds can be in level (i.e. a “TH8 – HOLD” on a TH8 base) or above/below level (i.e. a “TH8 – HOLD” on a TH9 base)
WHAT TO HOLD WHEN HITTING A TOWN HALL LEVEL UP
Most HOLDS are saving a base for an attack from a TH at a lower level (i.e. TH7 hitting a TH8). Figuring out what bases you should tag with such a hold is a bit more complex. Here are some simple notes that might get you started:
- TH7 – VALID HOLDS ON TH8
- TH8 Base has AD555 or less (ideally AD444)
- TH8 – VALID HOLDS ON TH9
- No Q or Q easily killed
- No XBows or XBows Down
- If 4 ADs, one has to be really weak (i.e. AD1 or AD2) or easily sniped
- No Q or Q easily killed
- No XBows
- 1 Level 1 X Bow (Use KH1 Golem Distract on the XBow)
- Hogs – Need dense base with no un-defusable DGB spots
- GoWiPe – Need to see weak walls (i.e. pink) ideally with dense base.
- TH8 – VALID HOLDS ON TH10
- KHC1, Ho – If they only have 1 iTower or less up and xbows are level 2 (only 2) it might work. Use the KH1 to distract one xbow and then hog in with heal on the iTower (ideally the xbow is close).
- TH9 – VALID HOLDS ON TH10
- KHC2, Tri — No iTowers or iTowers on multi at level 1
- KCH2, Ho — No iTowers or iTowers on single at level 1
You can watch a video of me applying the concepts above to our war here:
FYI, at the time of the recording we were using two placeholders (Holds and Snipes). We have simplified to just using a “HOLD” placeholder now. High five to JTJ clasher Xena for the original idea of holds and EazyE1983 and Sir Toadie of Pond suggesting the consolidation.
Hope it helps.